Thursday 23 June 2005

More on Corbin Head Road Works.

The road works continue at Corbin Head. At the road works there is a bus stop. there is a bay for the buses to pull into but the traffic going past the holes in the road has to move part of the way into this bay. Our control office has said that we must stop at this stop.

Yesterday while I was waiting in the traffic heading towards Paignton I could see the bus ahead off me pull on to the stop. While it was loading up the traffic lights changed and traffic coming from paignton started to come through the road works.A coach appeared and had to inch slowly past to bus due to the lack of room. then an other coach appeared and while it was also inching it's way past the bus the lights changed. The Traffic in front of me could not move as the road was blocked.

By the time the second coach and all the traffic behind it had cleared the road works our lights had gone on to red and we were stuck.I really do mean 'We were stuck'. The traffic lights are controlled by a radar gun which detects approaching traffic and changes the lights. As the traffic hadn't move the radar didn't detect any approaching traffic and the lights didn't change. We sat there for 4 minutes watching cars come from Paignton. I hate to think how much traffic pilled up behind up in these four minutes.

In the end a motor bike came up on the out side as motor bikes do and the radar gun detected it and did its job. If the motor bike hadn't turned up we would have been there still.I reported this to control at the end of my duty and hopefully the Corbin Head bus stop will have an out of use notice stuck on it some time to day.

P.S. Where is Cloud Cuckoo Land? I only ask because lots of times I get told I am living there.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next time Corbin Head gets dug up Transco should be find £100 000.
7 times in 2 years is a bit over the top

Anonymous said...

Road works have gone for the time being.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure they will be back over a August bank holiday ;-)