Thursday 7 July 2005

Sorry Paris


Sorry Paris, who am I kidding?

I didn't really care too much where the Games went as long as it wasn't to France. Now London has got the Games I am very pleased. I am just old enough to remember the last time the Olympics were in London 57 years ago. I lived in London for many years and
I know a lot of people have worked hard for this return visit. I know the cost. You could build 3 Hospitals, 200 schools or fifteen thousand two hundred and seventeen buses for the money about to be spent over the next 7 years. But The Olympics is an event the whole world takes part in every 4 years so it's good to be hosting it again.


The cynic in me has to add that Global Warming is a world event too but no one will admit to being the Host Nation.

__________________________________________________________

No comments: