Monday 22 August 2005

Change of duty

This morning when I got up I thought, "Three and a half hours before I have to go to work. Lets write a thorough, well thought out appraisal of the changes about to happen on the 12/12A route."

The 12A bit is new, but it's appraisal will have to wait. Because after I had had a shower and when down stairs to get a cup of coffee I noticed the shower water, which should by now have been drifting down one of South West Water's sewerage pipes was in fact sitting in a great pile where the drain used to be.

So I have just spent the last hour and a half with my arm down said drain pulling lumps of grease mixed with hairs and rabbits and tea bags and leaves and one or two other unknown (fortunately) bits and pieces. Drain is now flowing and my shower water is now heading thank fully for the sea somewhere off Corbin Head. By the way the temperature round here yesterday was 25c so maybe the sea is where all you holiday makers should head for to day.

On of the problems of having my arm down the drain is that even though I have had a second shower I can still catch a slight wiff of drain pipe. Sorry in advance to all my passengers to day.

12/12A apprasal to morrow.

No comments: