Wednesday 17 August 2005

I'm back!

An other incident on Paignton Bus Station. If you looked through all of the posts in this blog, Paignton Bus Station, or Pgn would come up fairly often. This one happened yesterday afternoon when I was on my way to Brixham.
A family group, eight of them, started to board the bus. Mother showed me a family explorer. Great value, Ât £15.00 for up to five people for a days travel. Other members of the group also showed me explorer tickets, every one had a valid ticket, not always the case when so many people get on at once. Some people try to sneak the old child on without a ticket.
Seven of them had boarded the bus when the last child, a boy about 10 years old turned away from the bus and was very sick over the barrier into the road way. I was very glad he had not been sick 10 seconds later. The mother was standing on the platform and I suggested that she take the child to some seats in the bus station and let him recover,perhaps wash and have a drink of water and catch the next bus which would be along in 8 mins.
She was having none of this and neither was father. He protested the his son was feeling much better and could get on the bus. Son meanwhile was being sick again. I told them son was not travelling on bus and should catch the next bus. They were only going to the beach at Goodrington, not catching a train. 10 mins wasn't going to make much difference. Finally the group got of and I continued on to Brixham.

Well have a look at the next post and have a think about what I did. Should I have let them travel and risk having the child throw up on the bus, which would have been unpleasant for all concerned and would have taken the bus out of service while it was being cleaned, disrupting the travel plans of all the passengers.

No comments: