Sunday 1 January 2006

More on my hitting bus in Paignton


Readers of this blog will know that I recently hit a parked bus on Paignton Bus Station while reversing off Stand M on my way to Brixham. An accident requires that you fill in an accident report form for the insurance company. Also drivers who do have an accident have to see the Depot Operations Manager and explain why.
I went along with a photo, on the grounds of blame some one else where posible. I had taken it the next day showing an X46 parked on the next stand. As you can see it is parked over the bay markings. This means the 12 drivers do not have much room to swing the back of the bus round to get off the bay.
The problem is that the X46 stand has no buses parked on their right and the drivers have plenty of room to swing round when they reverse and don't realize that us 12 drivers don't have so much room.
I did suggest that the X46 bay be moved so we would have more room but it is down to the driver (me in this case) to only reverse is it is safe to do so. Any way I received a note later that day saying that no future action would be taken but please don't do it again. Dead right mate, it upsets my professional pride to hit other buses, especially stationary ones.

No comments: