Saturday 5 August 2006

More Post

My house Insurance expirers in September so at this time of year every insurance company send me letters begging me to try their really cheap insurance. At the moment I am paying £225 a year for house and contents. So when Halifax offered to do it for £168 with a 20% discount if I went on line NOW I went on line. I ticked all the required boxes and the quote came back.

£309.72

Not quite double. But still £84.00 more than my present insurance bill, so sod off Halifax. The insurance company that is, not the town which I am sure is very nice.

Maybe we should try this tactic on the buses. A big sign indicating that a family of 5 can travel on a bus for only £2.40 (1) could be placed on the side of all our buses. What sort of reaction would I get when the family got on the bus in Torquay and wanted to go to Brixham and return. "£16.00 please", I would say. I will leave you to work out what the passengers would say. Think of some thing nasty and send it to Halifax. The insurance company that is.


Footnote 1
A family of 5 can travel for £2.40 on our buses. From Torquay centre to Belgrave Road, about 3/4 mile. Brixham is about 10 miles. and the £16.00 is for a group ticket, for 5 people to use all day long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! yasmin silk flowers Hot tubs new or used locally Purchase butalbital