Monday 28 August 2006

Slow Learners

Couple got on the bus this morning. He asked for two £1.70 tickets. Well we don't sell tickets by value down here. When I worked in London on the E3 between Greenford and Chiswick we only had four different fares. 40p flat rate for children and 60p, 80p and 90p. So people got on and either told us where they were going or asked for the fare by value. But down here the fare structure is complicated and vast so you have to tell us where you are going. So I asked the gentleman where he was going."The Grand Hotel". He then added that they had been down for a week and every bus driver had asked the same question. I mean picture it,

Day one, "Two £1.70 tickets please." "Where are you going?" "The Grand Hotel." "£3.40 please."

Day two, "Two £1.70 tickets please." "Where are you going?" "The Grand Hotel." "£3.40 please."

Day three, "Two £1.70 tickets please." "Where are you going?" "The Grand Hotel." "£3.40 please."

Day four, "Two £1.70 tickets please." "Where are you going?" "The Grand Hotel." "£3.40 please

Day five, "Two £1.70 tickets please." "Where are you going?" "The Grand Hotel." "£3.40 please."

Day six, "Two £1.70 tickets please." "Where are you going?" "The Grand Hotel." "£3.40 please."

Day seven, "Two £1.70 tickets please." "Where are you going?" "The Grand Hotel." "£3.40 please."

I mean I am all for persistence but when would you have given up?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is from many years ago. A test of my sanity.
Week one, five days in a row, same passenger:
Passenger: "When does the 'B' bus get here?"
Me: "There will be one here in seven minutes. Please take a timetable. Here's the 'B' schedule. As you can see, your bus runs every fifteen minutes."
Week two, another five days, the same passenger:
Passenger: "When does the 'B' bus get here?"
Me: "Seven minutes. Here, have a timetable."
Week three, another five days, stil the same passenger:
Passenger: "When does the 'B' bus get here?"
Me: "Soon."
Week three, another five days, the same passenger:
Passenger: "When does the 'B' bus get here?"
Me: "I've never heard of the 'B' bus. Are you sure you're waiting in the right stop?"
I'm finding your posts extremely funny, but you are going to have to stop driving on the wrong side of the road before you cause an accident.

Anonymous said...

As a bus driver myself (X80 LOL) ... I have to wonder how many times you have to tell the same person the same thing.

FFS ... it's a stepped bus the buggy MUST BE FOLDED FFS...

But the other driver let me ... I don't fookin care.. my name's not "Other" and I've never heard of anyone by that name....