Monday 18 September 2006

Bus Driver Jimmy

Over on the right there are a few links to other blogs that I visit from time to time. One of them is called "Busdriver Jimmy." This title is a little misleading at the moment as Jimmy isn't driving a bus just yet. He has been doing some thing much harder than driving a bus, he has been learning to drive a bus. Yes I know there are people out there who find it hard to believe that we actually do learn to drive the damn things. Well we do. And it is hard work, very hard work. With a lot of pressure. Have a read of Jimmy's blog if you don't believe me. Any way he passed his test a couple of days ago so he will soon be out on the road smiling sweetly at his passengers. We have all been there and we all know we are the best drivers on the road. Apart from police car drivers that is, and ambulance drivers and fire engine drivers and white van drivers and post office van drivers and most delivery truck drivers and just about every car driver on the road, especially the boy racers and the off road vehicle drivers who have only ever been off road when they skidded.................. off the road.

Good luck to you Jimmy, it's a great job.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My personal favorite experts are drunks on the bus. I've heard them make up terms and then loudly exclaim things like, "This driver's got no throttle control. Driver! Where'd you learn to drive? Didn't they teach you about throttle control?" The other passengers admire them because they are so knowledgable. Also, when stuck in unmoving traffic, I will sometimes hear one passenger turn to another and say something like, "Dude, this driver sucks. If I was driving I'd be, like, flyin' through here." ( Excuse the lingo, but I have the mixed blessing of living in California, where people really say things like that.) The only critics I listen to are crying babies. If I can put a crying baby to sleep, I feel that I am doing a good job.

Jimmy said...

Cheers for the plug david, that'll stop the water leaking out the bath! I would like to take this oppertunity to thank my parents . . . my producer . . etc. Back to the point. I am glad that so many have been enterained by what is no more than a diary of events of a fledgling driver, I have a lot to learn and I'm sure the passengers are going to chip in too, I even get caught at the bus stop now with 'Are you a driver, where's the number 6 stop' I've learnt that a smile often goes a long way and stops me replying 'at the back' bless 'em.
Thanks guys.