Sunday 15 October 2006

Allocations Officer

I went into work the other day and as soon as my foot had entered the Sign On Room I heard the sweet, syrupy voice the Allocations Officer call my name. He does have an other voice which he uses much of the time to snarl at people. But when he uses this, 'come here and let me do you a favour', voice you know what ever plans you had for your next rest day can just go right out the window. Either that or you are going to spend the next week working late in Newton Abbot. Let me point out at once, just in case you are from Newton Abbot that I have nothing against Newton. I must have been the about 8000 times in the last 8 years. It's just working there that I am against. 30 mins to Buckland, 30 mins to Sandygate, 30 mins to High Week. Then you do it all over again, and again, and again, and again.................... you get the drift. So on Monday, despite the fact that it is at lest 5 years since I last got up before 6 am, I am starting work at 05:25. The worst part about it is while you are doing him a favour you come away from the encounter with the impression he has just done you the biggest favour since Marie Antoinette tried to help the peasants by offering them the advice to eat cake.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I assume that an Allocations Officer is what we call a detailer...that explains the comment reading:-

"allocations officer said...
just a quick message to dave from the allocations officer he knows so well to say thank you for giving up his pussy on monday (16.10.06) to come in to help us out his generosity is truly commendable"

which he left on your 5th October posting...I think we're aghast that you're leaving such a small cat unattended just to drive a bus

caramaena said...

5.25? ugh. I'll be starting at 7am for the next month or so and that's still too early.

David said...

To Cogidubnus
Puss isn't small, he weights in at 3.7Kg and attacks seagulls by hiding in the tree and leaping on them as they fly by. I should say tries to attack seagulls, he hasn't managed to get one yet.
Also I am tempted to take him on a bus one day so he knows what I have to do just to feed him or maybe put him on a long distance coach to Aberdeen and wave goodbye. Please note; I haven't anything against Aberdeen, it's just along way from Torquay.