Monday 2 October 2006

Appeal for information

At about 2:25 Monday morning I was fast asleep. At 2:26 I was wide awake. The very loud noise was produced by a powerful motor. At first I thought the Power Boat Racers who have been in Torquay all weekend had been in the pub all evening and had decided to go for a midnight race. Now to be a power boat racer I suppose you have to be a bit mad. But not that mad surely?

After a minute or so I worked out the the noise was from a helicopter circling over the centre of Torquay. If it were a coast guard helicopter it would be out at sea or at the top of some cliff some where, not in the centre of town.

When I got up this morning I had a bit of a headache as the noise had continued for over half an hour and I had ended up closing the window. So I took a pill and looked on the news for anything that might explain why the police, it could only have been them, should disturb the sleep of thousands of people. Had someone been murdered, a drugs bust, driven his car up Fleet Street or what. Not a word. Had I been having a very vivid dream? It's now midnight and I have just had an other look, BBC Devon and local papers and still not a word.

If you can help me with my investigation into this matter, answers please in the comments section. All information will be treated in the strictest confidence.

1 comment:

Dave said...

Sorry, this is not regarding your request for information.
I have been reading you back-blogs and was facinated to read about the dog that caught the bus.
My wife spent time in the local public hospital here in Hamilton, New Zealand, and there was a cat that belonged to one of the neighbours used to spend a lot of time visiting the hospital and seeing patients. It used to catch the lift to travel between floors. I am doing a blog on it today and will quote your dog blog as well. My blog is www.cimba7200.blogspot.com
I enjoy your items. Regards, Dave.