Monday 4 December 2006

On Holiday in Llandudno

Two weeks without driving a bus. How will I stand it. Quiet easily I expect. One disappiontment was when we got to Birmingham there is an hour break but the pub I usually go in had been burnt down and the one I went in didn't do food. Any way after an 11 hour trip on the coach I arrived here to discover that the wind was traveling at 50 mph and like any good boy racer, ignoring everything in it's path. On the way back to town I had to rest in a bus shelter (thankfully still standing) (OK. OK. I don't go round the country, or even an other country knocking down all the bus shelters). No photos yet as I am in the local Library posting this as my friend's computer is not working. If I had known that before I came I might have headed straight for my brothers in Manchester. How do people manage without a computer?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How DID we live without computers,mobile phones/texts,videos,dvd/cd players,satellite tv,playstations etc etc?
We talked to each other,made sure we were in if not working to watch TV,or relayed by word of mouth,we read papers,comics and books,we played out,football,cricket or made games up using our imagination.We wre not obsessed by wanting to "be famous" or watching mindless trash as is broadcast today.We played cards,board games,told jokes,listened to the radio.Too easy today to be lazy and too idle to learn or take an interest in whats going on or formed our history.