Monday 5 February 2007

New Buses

There is a rummer going round the depot that we are shortly getting some new buses. Now in the first 5 years I worked there this news would have been greeted with much interest as the only new buses we did get were in actual fact second or even third hand, they were just new to our depot. Over the last 3 years our Managing Director Mr Chris Hilditch has brought in dozens of new buses for us to play with. So today when I went into work and was told one of the new buses was outside and that I should go and take a photo of it I wasn't that interested. To me a bus is a bus provided it has powered steering and an automatic gearbox and a comfortable seat. Well I don't think this bus has powered steering or an automatic gearbox. Didn't sit in the seat but I am sure it is comfortable.



Number 43

It is a 1962 Leyland PD2/37 and is in the colours of Halifax Corporation. I did ask if it was going to be repainted in Stagecoach colours before it went out on service. I think the answer was No!

P.S.

I took 5 or 6 photos, if you are into buses and would like copies of these, or any other photos that appear here email me and I will send them to you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I take you up on your kind offer of bus photos please David?
(radiomandave@aol.com)

I read your blog daily. I lived in Brixham/Paignton from 1950-1969 and was a Devon General & Western national enthusiast (and still am!).

I gather there will be a 25th Anniversary DG Rally at Oldway in late May. Well worth going to.

Many thanks,
Dave Kitto.

Anonymous said...

Dave, I have been told that all of your Tridents are being replaced, they will go to Exeter to see the withdrawl of older vehicles, and in turn you will receive brand new 'Enviro 400' decekrs for the 12 road, do a search on teh Enviro 400, quite snazy looking buses! The vehicles are to be bought in partnership with Torbay Council, and this is in the processes of being arranged at the moment, I believe the buses are hoped to arrive by the summer, but will no doubt be a while longer than that, hope this is of interest to you, reagrds.

Anonymous said...

Message for Dave Kitto, yes there will be a rally at Oldway Mansion in May, May 27th to be precise, it is being done by the Devon General Society and WHOTT and is being sponsored and run in conjunction with Stagecoach Devon, heritage buses will be running on routes in and around Paignton on the day, including my bus which I will take along for teh day, it will be a great day, do come along and enjoy!

VO said...

Hi Dave,
Over the year me and a group of friends have been working on a bus enthusiasts website, which is becoming a community for people to meet on the forum and share photos in the gallery.

A few days ago I found your blog on a bus web ring and think it is fascinating read. I especially like the photo of the Leyland Pd2. Can I take you up on the offer for copies of the photos for the website. It would be great if you could join the website and upload them from your computer.

The web address is:
www.buswatch.net

My e-mail address is:
admin@buswatch.net

Best Regards,
Matt