Wednesday 14 February 2007

Visit from the boss

Brian Souter, boss of Stagecoach UK came down to Devon this week. Rumer had it that the visit was either to shake hands with all the drivers and give then a cheque for £1000 each for doing such a wonderful job or that he was interested in running the ferry service from Torquay to Paignton. I don't know much about this service but someone at work told me that it had recently, or was about to, stop running. Anyway I don't have a cheque for £1000 nor have I shook the hand of the boss of Stagecoach UK so I guess it was something to do with the ferry service. I have serched through the 3 major newspapers, The Times, The Independent and The Herald Express but I can find no referance to his visit. I will keep you posted but if this blog changes it's name to ferry driving then that may be a clue as to where the visit ended up.

On the subject of keeping you posted, I ran an item about notices being placed in a spot on the buses that created a blind spot. It would appear that they have not been placed there by the usual employee who looks after notices on buses and the timetables on the bus stops and such like. A harder job than bus driving I can assure you. It seems some bored driver decided to practice his interior design skills during the quieter moments late at night. Well if you are reading this sir, or miss, or madam; you are not very good at it, prehaps you should take up suduko or bring a good book to work with you.

No comments: