Saturday 17 March 2007

Going To The Zoo

Paignton Zoo. A fine zoo, been on TV, new baby rhino just arrived. An excellent way to spend several hours of your visit to Torbay. Catch a 12A from Torquay, Paignton or Brixham. Yesterday several people got on in Paignton bus station wanting to go to the zoo. a lot of other people also got on in the bus station due to the buses running a little erratically (road works, Penn Inn). One couple after the zoo went upstairs and did not hear me shout, "This stop for the zoo." I did this at the stop for the zoo, not the one 2 miles down the road, I'm good like that. Anyway because I was so late, control had given me permission to turn at Broadsands. This meant I didn't go into Brixham and saved me 25 minutes. It should have put me back on time but road works at Long Rd had also delayed me. Lucky for the couple who were still on the bus when I got to Broadsands. So they stayed on the bus as I headed back to the zoo. Still late and with an other 12A right behind me I got permission from control to miss out the college which saved me and the zoo people an other 15 minutes.

If you are going to a destination and you are unsure of it's whereabouts then ask the driver to give you a shout, but do try and sit down stairs. Even my loud voice gets muffled as it travels up the stairs. Still the couple got to see more of Paignton than they intended and it was a bright sunny day and I am sure they enjoyed their trip to the zoo the long way round.

No comments: