Thursday 16 August 2007

Phone lay by or Bus Stop


The lady driver of this car was on her mobile phone. At least she did pull of the road to answer it but she did pull into a bus stop, marked with double yellow lines (no parking at any time ). Now this is the Newton Road and there aren't too many places to stop and answer a phone so an empty bus stop must have looked inviting. But did she have to stop in the middle of the space just as I was about to arrive with a two minute wait which I had to spend sticking out into the road, a very busy road at that? I will get in trouble here with my colleagues but if you are going to stop in a bus stop to answer your phone at least move as far forward as you can so I can at least get the bus off the road. Please.
PS It must have been an important call because she was still there 30 minutes later when I went back towards Torquay.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bull bars, as fitted to Chelsea Tractors, on your number 12 should do the trick.

Anonymous said...

In a similar vein, I was driving my Stagecoach Bus over here in Thanet when I came across a car parked on double yellow lines opposite a line of other parked cars and hence reducing a very busy road down to one lane. But it was ok because they had a disabled person sticker in the window. Any way I managed to spot that the driver was actually using his mobile phone so I pulled up behind and waited. Eventually the driver spots me and realises he's causing a jam so he moves off, still talking on the phone, and finds somewhere to pull over to finish his call and yes, you guessed it, straight into the next bus stop lay-by completely blocking the bus stop meaning I had to unload my elderly passengers and mum's with buggies and small children in the road well away from the kerb! But it was ok because the car had a disabled person sticker in the window! Pah!

Arriva Driver said...

I can relate anon, it seems that disabled badge holders can park anywhere because of the blue badge.

Also, if you put your hazards on, it must be okay aswell... lol

Lord Hutton said...

They can park anywhere except loading bays and clearway bus stops, unless they are causing an obstruction, like they clearly were.
People who park in bus stops need err er a good talking to.