Saturday 11 August 2007

What's taking so long?


A second post which asks the question, Why so long to get something done.

I was waiting time at Falcon Park between Totnes and Paignton on the 200 route and I found it hard not to notice these road works. I mean they were just lying there doing nothing at the side of the road. Which is what they were doing last time I did the 200 service in May, and, come to think about it, in April as well. They only extend for about 100 yards and include just one junction. Not exactly building the Kingskerswell By-pass.
As you can also see from the second photo they should have been finished on 17 June.

I know things move slower down here in the West Country but this is moving slower on an industrial scale. To move this slowly you have to have determination, practice, skill, thick skin, an ability to be able to ignore questions like,"Are you ever going to finish these road works?", and lots of money. Other peoples money. Which, when you present the bill will become your money.

God help us if the Government do give us the green light to really build the by-pass, it could, sorry lets get it right, will take decades.

7 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

When I was in London in April, I did notice that there was a lot of roadwork and construction going on, so I flet right at home. LOL. They never seem to finish, do they...

Anonymous said...

That one's as bad as the Nortel (sorry, South Devon College) corner. I wonder if the contractors have to pay for being so late with completion, probably not, or they'd get on with it!

Anonymous said...

That sign looks as though it's had a tough few months as well.

Anonymous said...

Does this mean that there are some 22 journeys on your rota - I though that it was only 12's you done?

Anonymous said...

oops - Imean 200.....

David said...

Normally I only do 12/12A but now and then I do a bit of overtime and the kind allocations officer gives me a trip on the 200 as a nice change.

David said...

Hi Sylvie, Soon the council are going to relay Long Road down to the College. The college has been closed for the last 6 weeks and will be close for an other 3 weeks. which means the work will start in 4 weeks. And if you think the work at ther ring road was bad, "You ain't seen nothing yet."