Saturday 6 October 2007

Duty from Hell

Sorry, Duty from Hell is a bit over the top, quiet a lot over the top really. One day I will dream up a duty from hell just for the fun of it. Any what I had today Saturday was Duty 3608. It started at 10:55 on the Harbour, my bus arrived on time at 11:11 and I went to Brixham as a 12A. Took a bit less than an hour. Then from Brixham to the depot on the Newton Road for 13:17 for a 49 minute lunch. That's not bad I hear you say, well actually I don't hear you but I can imagine someone somewhere saying that.

Then at 14:17 from the depot to Brixham, 5 minutes there and away to Newton. So for so good. Then back to Brixham. I left Brixham at 18:01 and so have been going for just under 4 hours on the second half of the duty, Can't be much more to do now. Just up to Newton for 19:04. Thirteen minutes short of FIVE HOURS.(1) At least the 20 minute drive back from Newton to the depot to finish was done dead (2) which was about how I was feeling. Now had this duty been the other way round, 5 hours 7 minutes in the first half and 2 hours 6 minutes in the second half it would have been a piece of cake. Shedulers(3) please note; long first half, short second half, good. Other way round, not good.

Footnote 1 If we really were in the EU this would be a sick bird of the type found in Scotland. Footnote 2 Running Dead is nothing to do with working for an undertaker.
Footnote 3 The computers which work out our duties.

No comments: