Saturday 14 June 2008

As the Parade Passes By

This is the scene that greeted me as I came back from my first (of 3 ) trips to Teignmouth at 10 past two this afternoon. A marching band and a troop of soldiers going round the Clock Tower. I have to admit I have no idea what the event was unless it was something to do with the Trooping of the Colour which was going on in London today. I only knew that had been held when I got home and was watching the news on TV.


I was held up for a few minutes on my break trip which meant I missed a few minutes of my break. No big deal. However when I went out after break to start my second half with an other trip to Teignmouth there was no sign of my bus. The bus in front of me left 5 minutes late, a 12C, the bus 10 minutes behind me left on time. Then 20 minutes later an other 12C turned up and left with no sign of my 12A. It finally arrived at 15:40. I should have left at 15:07 so I had a few anxious passengers waiting for me. As it happened the bus due to leave for Teignmouth at 15:37 left at more or less the same time as me. Fortunately the traffic was light so I was able to make up some of my time. I am sure there was a logical explanation as to why my bus was so late but listening to logical explanations when you are 37 minutes late and passengers milling about is not always a good idea. By the time I got back from my third trip of the day to Teignmouth I was back on time and got home just in time to hear the closing music to Doctor Who. I have recorded it so don't tell me what happened.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The following story may shed some light on the marchers for you:

http://www.thisisdevon.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=141507&command=displayContent&sourceNode=257390&home=yes&more_nodeId1=257393&contentPK=20829650