Saturday 28 June 2008

This Slightly Baffles Me.

There I am, driving along the road, Fleet Street and Shaldon Bridge are a fine examples of the situation. There is an other bus coming towards me, about mid way between us there is a narrow section of road, there isn't an enough room for both of us to pass so me, being the perfect gentleman slows gently to a stop and flashes my headlights to draw the other bus driver's attention to the fact that I have stopped to let him go. The other bus is still moving at this point. So what does the driver do? He stops, flashes his lights to draw my attention to the fact that he too is a perfect gentleman and has stopped to let me go. After a few moments pause to try and work this out I set off. What does the other driver do? He sets off as well. What do we both do? We have a crash in the middle of the road, our language proving that neither of us is a perfect gentleman. Now here's an idea, if I stop, you keep going. If you stop, I'll keep going.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

bet the controller was impressed with his gentleman drivers! at least you got your safe driving certificate this year.

Anonymous said...

It's even better when 3 or 4 people arrive at a mini roundabout. Nobody goes...everybody gets impatient...everybody goes...everybody slams on their brakes.

Anonymous said...

Off Topic, but just to report that three EX Manchester Enviros were seen on the southbound M5 this afternoon-
just south of Bristol

David said...

Bet the drivers of those Enviros didn't know the way to Torquay.

Anonymous said...

Probably not- I suppose they're going to Exeter? no chance of replacing some of the old rubbish buses we have in the Bay

Anonymous said...

I should imagine so - if you sit in Exeter station, you will notice how many Tridents there still have those iffy bench seating arrangements.
Either that, or Enviros will go to Torquay, and the offset Tridents will go to Exeter.

I imagine, either way the older Tridents at Exeter are priority for replacement.

Anonymous said...

Exeter's Controller reports that ultimately 12 are for the 2 [19102/5-7/9/10/19, 19321-5], with 3 just arrived [19093-5] destined for Barnstaple for 21.

David said...

None for Torquay then?

Anonymous said...

The Bench Seat tridents are recent arrivals from Cambridge and have replaced mostly ropey looking F & J plate deckers (mainly on the 57) - the K plates are still about, but I suspect the Enviros on the 2 will shuffle everything so they go.

Anonymous said...

Just Solos, Scanias, Leylands, Darts and the trusty Volvos for us in Thanet. We're probably be in line for some Trident hand-me-downs soon though!