Sunday 31 August 2008

Glasgow

On Friday I went up to Glasgow for a family wedding, one of my nephews. It's a long way from Torquay to Glasgow so I made use of Flybe from Exeter to Glasgow 1 hour 30 mins compared with 15 hours by National Express. Smooth flight up, on time but wall to wall cloud covered the whole of England and that part of Scotland we flew over.

This crane stood right outside the hotel where we all stayed. The wedding went really well, the groom turned up, the photo shoot didn't get rained off and the reception and speeches that followed were most enjoyable. One very good part was I got to see a cousin I haven't seen for over 40 years and she hadn't changed a bit.

We all went for a meal in the centre of Glasgow and let me tell you, city centre Glasgow on a Friday night is, compared to Torquay, frantic.

Be back in the Bay in a day or two. I'm having a couple of days in Manchester where my brothers live and one of my sisters is over visiting from Australia. I will hopefully have a trip on the borrowed catamaran when I get back and let you all know how wonderful it is.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Hi Dave. Glad you enjoyed your weekend in Glasgow, etc and with family. It's nice to do that, especially if you haven't seen many of them for years. - Dave

Lord Hutton said...

Get the crew to let you on the bridge and go outside. Awesome;-)