Sunday 28 September 2008

A video to watch, or not if you are squeamish

This is definitely something I wouldn't wish on anyone.

A boy on his way home from school jumps over a barrier near a set of traffic lights and is hit by a bus. To save you running the video back to check the lights were on green and the bus stopped in less than 60 feet so it was being driven at about 25 mph. One thing you are always aware of when you are driving a bus is how much damage you can do to the human body with the front of a bus. The report said the boy, though injured had made a full recovery. How about the driver? Something like that doesn't go away for a long time.

To see the video click here

7 comments:

Steve said...

Good to see so many people going to his aid, but I couldn't believe how many kids ran over just to have a look.

Lord Hutton said...

Where did that picture of Cape Canaveral come from!
Silly little sod, I bet he is a bright spark in the classroom too. Derrr

Anonymous said...

Sorry, I can't remember where the two shuttles came from.

Anonymous said...

I am amazed this kind of Accident does not happen more often, considering some Traffic Light Settings

cogidubnus said...

I'm sorry...don't know why but I've tried everything I know to access this link and nothing works...I keep being returned to this blog...saving the link merely gives me:-
http://busdriving.blogspot.com/2008/09/video-to-watch-or-not-if-you-are.html

Baffled!

David said...

cogidubnus, I have added an other link to the video, it should work.

cogidubnus said...

Thanks Dave that's great...I suppose my one question is how did the numpty moron survive at all?

I know it may sound harsh, but frankly I'd be a damn sight more concerned for the traumatic effects on the driver concerned than on the little sod himself...

...and what about the other clowns, larking about on the wrong side of the barrier???