Thursday 2 October 2008

Plymouth

I had a day trip to Plymouth on Tuesday. The bus ride, an X80 run by FirstBus was OK. Well no it wasn't. For a trip lasting an hour and 45 minutes I would have expected a bit more padding in the seats. The last time I sat on bus seats this hard was a week ago when I travelled up to Dawlish on a Stagecoach Enviro 400 and sat on the seat over the back wheel. Park bench hardness but at least all the other seats actually contained some foam unlike this X80. It was a grey day, rain all the way but dry in Plymouth. Down to the Hoe to look at the Light house and Drake looking for the Spanish. Last time I was here was 55 years ago, also on a day trip from Torquay. Then I walked down the main shopping street looking to see if Plymouth had as many Charity Shops as Torquay. The closest I got to a charity shop was a branch of Bradford & Bingley, open but empty. Mobile Phone shops, hundreds of them. Surely everyone on the planet has a mobile phone by now? Or maybe even a mobile phone shop, there was even someone standing in the street with a board saying, "Wanted mobile phones for cash." Not sure what that was about, some kind of scam?

Then into the Drake Centre which is where I took the photo. When I came out it was raining so I got the bus and went home. I must have got the same bus because the seats were just as hard, next time I go to Plymouth I might take a cushion. Did run on time both ways though.

More photos from Plymouth


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you are not likely to be working for FIRST then?!

David said...

Actually I started my bus driving with First and found them a wonderful company to work for.

Dave said...

I think you miss driving busses huh Dave? - Dave