Wednesday 19 November 2008

In Good Company

Who's you might ask, then again you probably won't. But I will tell you anyway.
Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper's that's who's.
Any the wiser?

You may remember that a few days ago, though I wouldn't blame you if you have forgotten, I was up a ladder doing a couple of minor repairs around about 15 feet of the ground involving the gutters. One of the things I did was brush away the cobwebs . Now I have nothing against spiders but I do wish the would carefully pack up the webs and take them with them when they move somewhere else. So there I was, not as high up as Miss Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper I have to admit, when the brush I was using slipped and fell. I can clearly remember saying one of those words some people tend to use in situations like this. You know the kind of word I mean, My mother never told me not to use it but I am sure the back of my head would have been spinning if she had ever heard me use it. Starts with 's' by the way. Miss Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper didn't use such a word when she realised she had dropped her tool bag, she just said, "Oh dear." Which was probably a good idea when you are connected to an open radio channel and dropping a tool bag 125 miles up in space is what she had just done. Don't worry, it's still up there, unlike my hand brush which even from only 15 feet managed to hit the ground with enough force to smash the handle. I did miss both the cats though.

1 comment:

Dave said...

I heard but haven't yet read about the space epic, but no doubt we will. You are right up to the minute with your news Dave. - Dave