Wednesday 17 December 2008

More From Rock Walk and a Bit From the Town Hall.

I decided to go and have a walk along the sea front and see if I could get an action photo. On the way I walked down Fleet St and stopped at the Oggy Oggy Pasty Shop for a coffee. Probably the best pasties in Torquay. When I got to spot where I took this photo the foot bridge had just been torn down. If I hadn't stopped for the coffee I'd have got a shot of it being torn down.

Talking of being torn down the local paper had a bit two bits of news regarding something going on at the Town Hall. A Conservative group assistant, Becca Adams, has just quit her job at the Town Hall, due, as she says in her I quit letter, she was 'targeted' by councillors and was 'living in fear of the next conspiracy theory' against her. She added she dreaded coming to work. She had recently given evidence against Councillor Jeanette Richards, who has just been suspended for a month for breaching the council's code of conduct for a second time. Becca Adams told a hearing that Councillor Richards had subjected a council officer to a 'tirade' of abuse which ended with her saying: "I'm a councillor, I can speak to you any way I like."
This follows a Standards hearing on November 26: Cllr Richards was cleared of bullying an other council official but disrespect was proved and Mrs Richards was suspended from duty for a month for breaching the authority's code of conduct with immediate effect.

Really good people become Councillors but not all Councillors are really good people.

2 comments:

Dave said...

Good quote that final paragraph Dave. No person has the right to carry on like that, councillor or not. - Dave

Lord Hutton said...

Can't comment. The dual carriageway story hit the pres though. The HE were nearly positive!