Friday 9 October 2009

My Petition Seems To Be Working

From the Exeter Express and Echo
Friday, October 09, 2009, 07:09

Exeter set for £3m rebate in bus pass battle

EXETER is in line for a multi-million pound cash windfall which should prevent the city council having to make big cuts in services.
The Government is rethinking the way its concessionary bus fare scheme is funded. And it is expected to conclude that Exeter should get a rebate of up to £3m.
This is the amount the city council has been forced to spend on the scheme over the last two years.
The decision follows a recent meeting between city council chief executive Philip Bostock, council leader Adrian Fullam and Transport Minister Sadiq Khan. Union leaders in the city have also met the minister.
End of item.

I only started my petition this week and it appears to have had the effect I hoped for. But lets wait and see if all councils that have had to fund the bus pass scheme out of council tax get similar amounts of cash from central government.

PS I have just counted how many bus trips I have made in the 222 days since 1st March this year. Have a guess.

PPS Keep signing the petition. Please.

No comments: