Wednesday 9 June 2010

No I don't look under seats for stowaways, should I?

I used to think leaving passengers behind was a bit of a blunder but carrying an extra passenger turned a day trip to the continent for one coach driver into a bit of a night mare. Plus the stowaway there was £12 000 worth of tobacco to be accounted for. The coach was stopped stopped and searched on it's way back into England and the tobacco was found, then a more detailed search was carried out and a Sudanese man was found hiding under a seat. The travel company said they always tell passengers how much tobacco and wine they can bring back and the driver had no knowledge of the amount 3 of his passengers had tried to bring back and no idea there was a extra passenger on board.

I'm glad I don't do day trips to Belgium.

Full story here at the BBC.

No comments: