Monday 18 September 2006

Tree down in Sherborne Road. Did the rabbit do it?

There used to be a tree in the bus station in Newton Abbot It was right in front of the 12 bus stop out side the Market Hall. I never really noticed it. Indeed I had to look through a 1000 photos to find a decent picture.

The tree started life way back in 1981, when I was living in Manchester, I counted the rings. On Saturday I drove into Sherborne Road and it was gone, reduced to a stump and a little bit of sawdust spread about on the pavement. So I got of the bus and took the picture below.

Even the rabbit looks upset by the lost of this silver birch tree that had stood here so long.

Yes; that is a six foot rabbit. It rides round Newton Abbot perched on the handlebars of it's owners bike. I'm not sure of it's name, I suppose Harvey would be too obvious.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aussie says, what a shame it looks like a beautiful tree. What sort was it? obviously not a gum tree.