Friday 24 November 2006

Uniforms and BA


Once upon a time I used to wear this hat when traveling to and from work,but only when it was cold or wet. I never wore it in the bus as the buses I drive have good heaters. Then the company provided us with company hats as part of the uniform issue. So our nice depot manager called me in one day and gently explained that my much loved Victoria Bitter hat was now not permitted. What should I have done. Write to the Sydney Morning Herald and tell them of this blatant anti Australia campain the company was waging and demand the a hundred MPs should sign a motion that this action by my depot manager was infringing my rights to proclaim my love for a certain Australian amber liquid. Should I have suggested to my passengers that they should support this campain by taking a taxi instead of the bus.

Well I am sorry to disappoint, the hat now hangs forlornly on it peg behind the door and I wear the company issue hat when it's cold and wet. Which is where a certain item of jewelry should be when a certain member of Brit Air staff is at work and the rest of the world should never have heard about it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But if your wearing it, to and from work, then surely your in your time not your company's? So you can wear what you want, that is until you sign on.

David said...

This is true, except I travel to and from work in my uniform so it's uniform or nothing. I could change when I get there but that's too much bother just to proclaim my affection for VB.

Anonymous said...

I don't think the SMH would be bothered about VB as it's from Victoria.

Up here in Queensland where the real beer is brewed we all know that VB stands for virtual beer.

Having said that, you can't beat a nice ale from and English pub.