Saturday 24 September 2005

Parking Attendant at Work.


I used to like Parking Attendants. They put £60.00 tickets on all those idiots that parked on double yellow lines. It is a little easier to drive round town now but most of the time not much faster. Here and there it is but it is easier because we don't have to spend anxious moments watching both mirrows to make sure we don't take the wing mirrow of some stupid, illegally parked, prat's car. But now I don't like them.

Not because I have had a parking ticket, I haven't. But because head office feel that because the Parking Attendants are a thousand time more active than the old traffic wardens we now need less time to complete our journeys. So we have lost 8 mins off our running time. If you have been waiting for a bus over the last 3 weeks you may have noticed one of the effects of cutting our running times, if you haven't, then I will tell you that lots of the buses have been running late; some times over half an hour and more late. Bring back the traffic wardens is what I say.

No comments: