Tuesday 4 October 2005

On Holiday

I am on holiday at the moment, just for a week, so far I have done almost nothing and if past experiences are any thing to go by when the week ends I will still have done almost nothing. During the summer I was walking down Union Street and overheard a brief moment of a conversation. It went like this, him, to her, "All we do on holiday is walk round the bloody shops." That all I heard. Now my idea of a holiday is that it is a rest from work but some people seem to think that a holiday is wasted if every minute isn't spent doing some thing. Looking at the Pyramids, climbing Ayres Rock, looking at every picture in the Louve, white water rafting down the Grand Canyon and in the case of the couple I overheard, and many like them looking in shop windows in Union Street. Don't they have shops in Rotherham?














I've heard of the work ethic and that's fine for work. But not on holiday.

No comments: