Monday 27 February 2006

Driver Fired Following Serious Incident.

I came across this little story while surfing the net:-

Police: Bus driver tosses complaining rider into traffic

Thursday, February 9, 2006
PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania (AP)

A transit bus driver grabbed a woman by the hair, knocked her head into a pole, opened the door and tossed her into traffic after she yelled at him for missing her stop, police said.
The 52-year-old woman, who was not identified, suffered a broken shoulder.
Bus driver Mario Edney, 53, was arraigned Thursday on aggravated assault and other charges, said Officer Jillian Russell, a police spokeswoman. He was being held on $2,000 bail.
Edney said he had to skip the woman's stop Wednesday morning because of a detour, police said.
Transit officials intend to fire Edney, who has been suspended without pay, following a hearing, said Richard Maloney, a spokesman for the Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority.

Now you really could expect to be fired for doing something like that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reprehensible as his actions were, I can understand the frustrations which drove him to it. I have been there myself and now intend to get out while I am still sane.

Anonymous said...

thats no way to treat a woman no matter what.!

SaneScientist said...

A regular customer came up to me the other night to have a whinge about the temperature being too hot in the gym and started with
"do you not like customers or something",
to which I replied without thinking
"no, I can't stand the buggers". Fortunately, smiling at the end of the sentence seemed to convince him I was joking. He wouldn't be the first on my list to throw head first off a moving bus - but he wouldn't have to wait long in line.