Thursday 8 February 2007

No snow and no changes


Well here is sunny and snow free Torquay this afternoon. Before I came out to work I listerned to reports of airports and schools closed and long delays on roads and railways but down here we have a climate all of our own. Shame I like snow, for about an hour, and it is a long time since I have seen any, unless you count when I was in Australia last March. That was on Cradle Mountain in Tasmania and was a few miles away; probably doesn't count.

Then I watched the 10 O Clock news and expected to see raging blizzards sweeping through the Midlands. Two inches, that's 5 cms, covering the ground. Still when you are not used to it that 2 inches can be like some glacier in the Antarctica that Scott and his party faced on their way to the South Pole.

When I got to work today I had hoped that the changes would have been made to the two fare stages I mentioned. No chance, I will keep you posted but remember, "It is not a case of when, but if."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bus Driver Jimmy had his complaint dealt with same day...see it all depends who you talk to!