Friday 9 February 2007

Notices and a Blind Spot


A few days go I mentioned here about notices that were being put on the buses advertising our services and atractions. No problems with this as such, just where the notices were going. There is a glass screen behind the door. Only a few of the buses had these notices placed here but really none of them should have as they created a blind spot in certain circumstances. Anyway all buses going out of the depot tomorrow are to be checked and any such notices are to be removed. By order of the depot manager. I wish I could say it was the power of the blog but it wasn't. It was the power of a simple little thing call a Drivers Report Form. We all have a book containing 50 of these forms and we can use them for simple little things like requesting a change of a day off or a wage query or a change of duty or as in this case something we are not too happy about. I handed one of these forms in yesterday (Thursday) morning when I went into work, as did at least one other driver and it worked as it should and all the notices will be gone tomorrow.
Now, I wonder if asking for a pay rise will work just as well?

5 comments:

Peter A said...

I take it that not only did it creat a blindspot, but as it faces forward who could or would read it.

Anonymous said...

Hi David

I too drive for Stagecoach! I set up my own blog up a few days ago and before posting anything did a quick google on bus drive and blog. You came up! I like your site. If you want to see my embryonic blog it's at http://www.loades.net/another day on the buses My email address is in the about me section.

All the best

Malcolm

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that bus drivers looked before pulling out......

You guys in Torquay are sure different from our local drivers!





:-) .... only pulling your leg

Anonymous said...

I'm amazed that the management listen to staff - some of our bus drivers up here report the same safety critical defect every day and it still isn't remedied. No doubt when the bus is pulled over in the condition it is, the reports will go 'missing'.

David said...

Andy; We don't look, the man with the red flag does that for us.
Anon; Sorry. No comment.