Sunday 24 June 2007

Answers to Recent Comments.

A few comments that arrived recently that I haven’t had time to get back to till now.


Having been on buses recently that have broken mirrors on trees and skidded to a stop behind cars and trucks that stopped unexpectedly, I've got to wonder, what's the problem with scratching some ignorant (selfish) person's car that is blocking that much traffic?
From Steve
I’d love to but:-
Main reason is I have a letter in my possession from management asking me not to have any more blame worthy accidents, ( remember the £6 000 bus shelter last year), not unless I am prepared to sit in managements office for an extremely uncomfortable interview followed by getting another letter with, "This is your last chance!" stamped all over it.


Why not go into print?An article in the local press (with pictures) might tweak a conscience or two.
Anon
The truck driver, who was at the scene told me the car arrived after he did. Equally the car driver could claim he/she was there first.


You should have insisted that officer sorted it out.
Captain
We would have still been there 3 days later if I had done that. Note; the bit about showing her where reverse gear is was a little bit of an exaggeration.


Muppets? Have you been reading The Driver's Bloodbus blog by any chance?or is now a standard term amongst bus drivers?
Prodigal Green
I have been reading Bloodbus, and I am glad I don’t drive a bus in Glasgow. Some drivers do refer to their passengers as muppets, some are less polite.


Hey there David, I was wondering whether you lot down in Devon have GPS's in your cabs or do you just have to count it out in your head? We have some terrible school children down in Brighton :) Great Blog as always!
jack h

Thanks.
We have some terrible school children down here as well but the lot I pick up are usually OK. One school run is only carried out with a bus with CCTV so the video can be sent to the school concerned. Not that much happens.
The radios here are so old they still have a Morse Code key fitted so fat chance GPS.


Aussie says.. how many hotels do you really have in Torquay?
Anon
See photo below from the Local Thompson Phone Book.


That's 137.5 cms at 41 hotels per 10 cm equals 563 hotels and there ia a full page of Guest Houses (300 aprox) A lot!

No comments: