Thursday 7 June 2007

Congestion, here and there.

This is the Strand in Torquay. It is a major bus stop and due to an incident in Kingskerswell that was cleared fairly quickly four 12/12As all turned up at more or less the same time. To help out in this congestion creating exercise the Land Train which wanders around Torquay also turned up at the same time. The bus I was waiting to take over had to stop in the middle of the road which blocked the traffic. However the driver coming off the bus had seen the situation and as she came to a halt she just grabbed her belongings and left the bus. I got on and with a quick check all round to make sure it was safe headed for Paignton. The bus must have been stopped for all of ten seconds so not too much congestion caused there.


A little later in the day I came across this skip. I could see at once there was no way I could get past so I pulled over to the right, it's a one way street there, and let all the cars behind get through.
Eventually the skip driver got in the
cab and drove away but about 40 cars did go through which if I hadn't move out of there way would have brought the top end of Torquay to a complete halt.

Aren't I a kindly soul?

No comments: