Saturday 9 June 2007

Stuck, twice in 3 days.


A couple of days ago I came to this very spot and there was a skip in the way. On that occasion I managed to pull the bus out of the way and let the traffic behind get past but last evening, with the road full of cones and road signs there was no where for me to go and it took almost 5 minutes for this dumper truck to move out of the way.
A bit further up the road I picked someone up who was heading for Chudleigh and needed to be in Newton to catch the 39 at 20:00. I wasn't due to get there until 19:59 which was cutting it a bit fine. Due to the road works it turned out to be much too fine as I didn't get there until 20:03 and the 39 had gone. Radio reception isn't good in Newton so my calls to the 39 driver to wait a minute or two probably went unheard.
On my way back from Newton to finish at the depot I noticed a police car following me so careful driving and a close watch on the speed were the order of the day (as always of course). That still didn't prevent him from pulling along side me at a red light on Penn Inn roundabout and asking me to stop at the next bus stop, he only wanted a word with a couple of passengers but I could have done without the intervention as all I had to do was drive a couple of miles down the road to the depot and finish. But I was now 5 minutes late and missed my bus. So I ended up getting home 15 minutes late.

2 comments:

Plymothian said...

David, I was in Torbay again today (9th June) and you weren't driving my bus.
I'm getting annoyed now.

David said...

Hi Dan, Not having much luck here are you. Next time you are due to come to Torquay email me and I will send you a copy of my running board so you will know exactly where I am.