Thursday 19 July 2007

Just An Other Day

It started like the rest and continued pretty much as the rest until I stopped at Shiphay Lane on the way into Torquay. I was driving a 12A which follows the same route as the 12 as far a Paignton and then goes to Brixham just like the 12 but goes round the houses and nips into the industrial estate for a few minutes just to make the trip even more memorable. Most people who get a 12A from Paignton to Brixham don't do it again. Strong men have wept at the thought, weaker men have banged their heads against brick walls sooner than get on a 12A. Sensible people just sit on the wall and wait for a 12. Anyway at Shiphay Lane bus stop there were 50 students waiting so, following company policy, I stopped and picked then up. The first 47 had bus passes but student number 48 got on and asked for a child return to the Leisure Centre. My hand had actually moved towards the ticket machine to punch in the fare stage number for the stop at the Leisure Centre when I started laughing, that quiet, hysterical, maniac laugh that Tony Blair comes up with when anyone asks him if he is planing to take his holidays in Iraq this year. If the had been a couple of men in white coats going by they would have got the straight jacket out at once and fitted me up with one in my size. The group leader seeing me in this state and lacking two strong white coated men with a handy one size fits all specially padded jacket asked me what was wrong. I contained myself and managed, between little bursts of giggling to tell him that he and his party had just spent 3 minutes getting on a bus that didn't actually go to the Leisure Centre and would they all mind spending an other 3 minutes getting off the bus and get a number 12 which did. Mean while the number 12 went past which was a nice little extra touch.

Just an other day, in fact it was so nice I am going to give it another go tomorrow.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That made me chuckle. Great tale! Thanks.

Plymothian said...

Hee Hee.

Plainmoor may have got 27/60 but it's winning the pie league so far!

Plus, thanks for the link Dave, but who is this Argle?

The Captain said...

That picture on the top right, is it a Stargate?

David said...

It was taken in Andorra, do they have Stargates in Andorra?
Actually I have no idea what it is as some one has nicked the plague that was fixed to it. It is about 50 feet high made of steel and if you hit it, it hums for about 5 minutes. Odd.