Wednesday 18 July 2007

Lost Property


Near the end of my shift a passenger handed me an envelope, addressed with 3 stamps on ready to be posted. Now technically this is lost property which I hand in at the end of my shift, write out a label with the name of the person who gave it to me the route and direction of travel the time it was found and my name and work number. It then goes in a box in the depot. If someone realises that they have lost something on a bus they can come into the depot at Torquay and claim it. If they don't come in before 9:30 the next morning it and all other lost property that has been handed in the previous day will be sent over to Paignton where it will be kept for a couple of months in the hope the person who lost it will come in and collect it. After 2 months when the collection of unclaimed property begins to clutter up the office a note is put up with a list of unclaimed property for the drivers to collect, I have in the past found a digital camera which was claimed and a CD player which wasn't claimed. I still have the CD player together with the CD that was in it but as I now have an iPod it isn't used. When the note goes up I should go over to Paignton and collect the letter which is now mine to do what I want with.

Did I go through all this procedure? No, I just posted the letter. So if you left a letter on a number 12 yesterday afternoon addressed to some where in Paignton it has been posted, after 6pm so it missed the last post, sorry, but it will get there by Thursday.

All in a days work.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Readers may be surprised what passengers and sometimes drivers leave on the bus. Chain mail, false teeth, fluffy pink handcuffs, a cello... Try this for the bizarre

Arriva Driver said...

Maybe it was a letter confessing all about something rather bad, the owner got second thoughts and left it. Heh.

Ah well.

One of the guys at our depot found a bag full of mens underwear and tin foil the other day. Apparently it was rather 'revealing' stuff too.

James said...

Interested in a media and educational outlet for your blogging?

If so, follow the details on my blog

http://workblogging.blogspot.com/2007/07/do-you-blog-about-work.html

Please pass on message if you're interested, but would rather miss on this one.