Sunday 29 July 2007

Queue Jumping.

No, not students this time though some did try but when I pointed to the back of the queue that is where they went. I had stopped in Fleet St and two people got on, standing behind them were 3 more hopeful passengers. While I was checking their tickets an elderly lady pushed her way past all of them and went and sat down in the last remaining seat. Then a man got on the bus holding two tickets but there was no one else with him. I asked who the other ticket was for, as if I didn't know. He indicated it was for his wife who had already boarded the bus. "Oh," said I. "The lady who pushed in." I think I upset him, but then his wife upset me. She had boarded the bus out of turn and taken the last seat on the bus. That for me is pushing in. Something we English(1) just don't do. Something to do with rationing and the war. Anyway here is an other nice photo.



I took over this bus in Torquay heading for Newton. Three or four bus drivers going the other way pointed at the front of the bus. I checked that I wasn't indicating when I shouldn't be and that I hadn't left the hazard warning lights going. I decided it must be a headlight out and decided to check once I (and the bus) got to Sherbourne Rd.

And there he was, Red Ted. Sitting up front getting a free ride and the best view on the bus.

Footnote (1) Before millions of none English people write in, I do know that forming an orderly queue is not just an English pass time.

3 comments:

Arriva Driver said...

hehe, I love it!

Oh, also looks like the destination screen is on its way out...

Jimmy said...

And to think it's the elderly that are the first to complain about bad manners!

Anonymous said...

Aaah but don't you forget..."I died in two world wars for you"...(heh heh heh)