Thursday 20 September 2007

Dull Days


It a quiet time, not much happening now the summer season is drawing to a close. Today for instance, what happened today. Well I started on Torquay Harbour. Just before my bus arrived I spoke to the Public Transport Coordinator for Torbay who was on one of our open top buses together with a film crew who were filming some shots for a TV program to be broadcast in January. Something to do with a holiday program made 30 years ago here in Torquay. A sort of then and now. I tried to get my face on film but I am not the face of Torquay and they told me to go away. Which I did, to Brixham as a 12A. Then, still as a 12A I went to Newton Abbot. 5 minutes there and of to the depot for lunch. While at the depot I had a look at the new rotas due to start on 30 September for the winter. I hope it is a short winter, not the best rotas I have ever seen, after I have studied them for a few days I might find some thing good to report. (Don't hold your breath).
After lunch down to Brixham driving a number 12. 5 minutes stand time and then back up to Newton Abbot. The most exciting moments of this trip were in Paignton Bus Station where I had to direct several would be passengers to the bus bound for Brixham which leaves from Stand M. I was on Stand Q going the other way. Then from Newton back to the depot dead and finish.
Told you it was dull, didn't I.
The bus in the photo was an 85 down from Exeter which is where the cinema it is advertising is. Our local cinema is called the Central Cinema and the only thing I can say about that is that it has just had a new paint job, it was looking very tatty. There has been a little improvement.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That one used to be Exmouth based (I'd see it most days), but with ex-Cambridge Tridents arriving (still in full Park and Ride livery) it must have moved on.

Lord Hutton said...

Tiberius Claudius C is you, isnt it? Just checking;-)

Anonymous said...

Those tridents are good dual doored buses, look after them!