Tuesday 25 September 2007

A Little More on the Incident Involving the Ambulance



I have heard from people who were there and from newspaper reports that the ambulance had come to a stop at the lights. While this photo, taken later in the day and sent to me by a reader, shows it was on the right hand side of the traffic island it also appears to show that the red car had taken the corner very wide. The damage to the ambulance also suggests that it was stationary, one impact site, not a long mark that that would be produced if it was moving when the red car hit.

Today I was at this junction and I watched cars turning left from the Totnes Rd and they all managed to do so without moving out of the left lane.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

First off I would thanks the ambulance crews for their attempts to save my friends life.
Secondly the car is positioned like it is, because the driver was trying to overtake a car, that had stopped to allow the ambulance through. The ambulance was stationary, with lights and siren on.

Lord Hutton said...

Good grief. The Mini driver seems to be really out of order. I hope they didnt cause the lad's death (I suspect he was too far gone anyway, poor soul)

You carry a photo of a carrier bag. It is quite easy to shop without the swine, it just takes a bit of forethought and an investment in alternatives.

Anonymous said...

That's ridiculous that someone can be so stupid as to not see an ambulance with siren and lights going You get loads of them though... My mum pulls over to let a ambulance through.. stupd woman in land rover freelander does not pull over.
I then saw the ambulance narrowly miss another car as it finally overtook. Idiots, the lot of them. They should be banned from driving for six months for that.