Tuesday 16 October 2007

Blowing My Own Trumpet


Here is the headquarters of our local newspaper, the Herald Express. I was down there today for a brief interview and photo shoot. No, sorry, I haven't discovered a cure fore some obscure tropical disease. Nor the fact that worrying about us all ending knee deep in plastic bags is a waste of time as a giant asteroid, the size of 10 double decker buses (all with number 12 on the front) will hit Torquay next Sunday afternoon at 3:27, well it might for all I know. Nor was I down there to explain my fiendishly cunning plan on how to get the Mayor Nic Bye to actually talk to anybody. No, my humble blog has finally come to the attention of the local press. I have so far been mentioned in the Independent, the Guardian and the Western Morning News and once got an invite to appear on BBC TV. That was too much bother so I declined. But soon, when they can find the space the Herald Express will give me a mention.

7 comments:

didbygraham said...

thats great news - all adds to the fun of blogging I think.

I must have got the BBC TV slot that you turned down. It was a lot of fuss - but it did bring quite a few visitors to my site - many of them now regular readers.

Budgie said...

It's nice to know that quality is finaly being recognised!

Anonymous said...

That is excellent news Dave, i visit your blog every day, and its great ! Its nice to get recognition for something like this, keep up the good work !

GW

Anonymous said...

Another reason not to buy the Herald express.

The Herald has been on a down-ward slope now for about 3yrs with sells falling monthly , i think you Dave will be another nail in the coffin..

Anonymous said...

You've also been mentioned in Coach & Bus Week trade magazine (last week's edition, Wednesday 10 October. no. 802, p.110). They called your site "very readable".

David said...

I don't often delete comments but some go straight away. Nor do I explain why.

Anonymous said...

okay, I understand....cannot blame you really....I would do the same on my blog, so i should'nt inflict it on other peoples..sorry..won't do it again...