Monday 21 January 2008

Plan A after all.

Well here it is, the official diversion while the road between The Pavilion and Belgrave Road is closed. There had been some thought given to the idea of splitting the service so buses ran from Newton to the Harbour and back to Newton and from Brixham to the Harbour and back to Brixham. How ever this little problem is dealt with there will be difficulties. At least the work is being done in the quietest month of the year. I am looking forward to the experience. There should be some interesting moments in the next three weeks, probably mostly in Fleet Street. The picture below shows what Fleet Street can be like on the average day.


Stay tuned for some I will take over the next three (hopefully) weeks.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So they are going to put *more* buses in Fleet Street? Ooh, I can just see all the letters flooding into Herald Express now. No doubt from people who walk down the middle of fleet street...should provide hours of entertainment.

I'm quite glad I don't live in Torquay anymore, as I would use the bus to get into Torquay and Newton Abbot town centres, that diversion would confuse my little mind!

If it was me, I'd just push the confused tourists out of the way. That's what the bumpers are for, right? Perhaps that's why First won't let me drive their battered old Darts...

Anonymous said...

I will wait for the first bus to turn left at the Pavilion roundabout and go across the front of the Pavilion and into Vaughan Parade- well that's what the route diversion almost says- turn left at Pavilion roundabout