Friday 8 February 2008

The right way to stop a bus.

Which way DO you stop a bus?
Maybe Stagecoach should have described exactly how you signal a bus to stop in their recent leaflet on how to use a bus. For full story in the Daily Mail click here.
Someone waving, as in the picture on the left could for all I know be waving to a friend or even letting me know he didn't want my bus to save me stopping at the stop. People do that some times, which is nice of them.
An other thing Stagecoach should have included in their leaflet is:- If you get on the bus using a mobil phone don't stand on the platform talking to the person on the other end, the driver, and more importantly, his/her passengers and all the car drivers for 200 yards behing are waiting to GO. Say into the phone, "Hang on a moment I am getting on a bus." Then remove said phone quickly from your ear so you cannot hear the person at the other end having a laugh. Once you are on the bus switch the bloody thing off so as not to annoy your fellow travellers.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I shake my head if the wrong bus is there. Much less confusing.

Unknown said...

If I want to get on a bus around here, I fire off a distress flare and launch myself into the road.

If I don't want a bus, I run away screaming. Unlike the chav the other day who simply waited for the doors to open, wait a few seconds, then motion with his head that he didn't want the bus...even though the stop was for that bus only

Plymothian said...

This must be a first - I was on my way to the bus stop not sure of the departure time, when I saw the bus was already there I sped up; the driver closed the door so I slowed down, however he glanced in my direction and saw me, so I nodded and he waited! What a nice guy. From FirstBus too!

Lord Hutton said...

The fellow sounds a bit of a tosser. And "Geoff Rumbles"? What sort of name is that?

Laurence Mayhew said...

Carrying on from your comment on mobile phone users getting on buses First have just introduced a new rule which states that you are no longer aloud to use your moblie phone on any first buses. They haven't really publicisied it very well but the rule is there "No moble phone use on this bus".

Unknown said...

Oh... I thought that was a rule for the driver. About time they bring in a rule on that.

In defense, if mobile phone use is banned...they would have to ban talking. Having a phone conversation is no different to talking to someone next to you.

Anonymous said...

Most people talk to the person next to them, they SHOUT at the mobile phone.