Sunday 16 March 2008

Devon County Council Student Passes

Above is a photo of the relevant terms and conditions of use that every student receives when they get their bus pass. I have underlined the most important parts; i.e. used only between the points shown on the pass, one return journey between home and college not anywhere to anywhere, misuse can result in the ticket being withdrawn and relevant to the other night, behaviour of an unacceptable standard and bus companies may refuse to carry the student. I refused him travel on two grounds. One, he was trying to use, or misuse, the pass at a place not stated on the pass and two, even after I had carefully explained why he could not use the pass and contacted control on the radio who also said he could not use the pass he continued to argue thereby delaying the bus and those passengers who were on the bus and those standing in the cold at stops further up the road. This I found unacceptable and asked him to leave the bus.

It would be nice if we started withdrawing passes that are being misused, word would soon get round.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's very clear, thank you.

David said...

Good.

David said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work laddie. I'm of to Jamaica for a rest myself.

Unknown said...

It seems the layout of your blog has changed significantly, and a gaudy red bus adorns the top of the page. This your doing or have I broken something?

David said...

Thank you for your comment Brian Souter, can I have my bonus now please?

David said...

Johnhenderson, so it was you who broke my layout was it?

Anonymous said...

Don't like it, the layout I mean.

Anonymous said...

Och aye laddie, you could have a bonus, but I'm giving myself one when I put the fares up despite the delay in the fuel tax surcharge. I'd love to oblige, but you know how things are...

Unknown said...

I see no purpose in posting a J-reg Optare Delta there. Now, a Trident-3, maybe

Apocs said...

Drivers from our neck of the woods who take the passes off passengers who misuse them, always find the same offender back on once they get tham back from the depot. to me they should lose them for good.
I won't hold my breath though

Qualcuno said...

Part of the problem might be that railway season tickets are the opposite. They state "between X and Y" but their conditions allow you to make any journey that falls entirely between X and Y for free. Point 2 is much clearer, but most people won't read that far!

Anonymous said...

Students? Make them pay full fare!

Anonymous said...

.