Tuesday 18 March 2008

Up and Running

For the last 7 weeks we have been using special running times so we would have extra time in Brixham and Newton, if we needed it, tp make up for the time we lost getting round town twice because the sea front was closed. It opened on Wednesday but we kept the special running boards until Sunday. Now we are on new running boards that don't have the extra time (shame). To day I did a duty that lasted 9hr 55mins and mostly on the 12A route. One good thing I did notice, absolutely no school runs which is a nice change. The specials we were doing seemed to have loads of school runs.

One thing I didn't do any of in the last 7 weeks were 12As which is fine by me. So when I came out of Brixham this morning, as a 12A, up to Windy Corner and headed for Waterside. At the bottom of Cherry Brook Drive the 12 goes straight on and the 12A turns left. Force of habit, I went straight on. I realised my mistake at once and stopped in the stop just past Cherry Brook. Here the road is a duel carriageway and there is plenty of room to turn the bus round which I did, with care, but not before half the passengers had had a minor panic attack thinking they were on the wrong bus. Sorry if you were one of them.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

A bus ended up on the railway line at Epping (Sydney, Australia)on Tuesday. A fire truck had to secure the bus with cables to prevent it rolling further onto the tracks. Apparently the driver went to get a cup of coffee and didn't apply the brake properly. Luckily noone was injured. I always knew coffee was bad for you!!

Unknown said...

Just be glad you don't have to call out the destinations.

"Welcome to the 12A service to Brixham, calling at..."

It has been known

Lord Hutton said...

Haha Autopilot!
BTW carers cards are minor but important to those who had them. It was cost certainly, but also a desire to be seen to do what the government said