Tuesday 15 April 2008

Nasty Letter 2 About the Blog.


Summer services

This was at start of April 2008 and concerned me putting the summer season bus route changes on the blog. I have a feeling this is where it went banana shaped.
I put them in the blog on March 29 and was called in for an interview to explain why I had published confidential, sensitive material on the blog. Didn't I realize other bus companies could read my blog and adjust their summer services accordingly. The mental picture I got of the head of FirstBus instructing one of his minions to read my blog daily incase I let slip confidential information was nearly as funny as an episode of Eastenders.
I pointed out that the company had registered the summer changes with the Traffic Commission, as they are required to do 8 weeks before they start, by March 24. Once the traffic commission have got them they are public. This was countered with a statement that head office were having to deal with requests for information about the changes. I pointed out that now they would have more time to deal with these requests. I refrained from the "Clutching at straws" remark.
At the end of the interview it was decided by the assistant operations manager that no further action would be taken.

No comments: