Thursday 12 February 2009

Mount Warning

A couple of days ago my sister and I headed for Mount Warning. This time I was determined to get further up than last time, and the time before that. Should not be difficult as we never get more than a few hundred feet up the path after taking a few photos just to show we tried. I'm told it is worth the effort and before my next trip to Oz I am planing to spend months running up and down Rock Walk, hope it's open, to get fit for the attempt for the summit.


Anyway the photo isn't of Mt Warning, it's of a stream, or what is in a stream we crossed on the way there. Shortly after turning of the Murwillumbah to Uki road we came to bridge over a small stream full of rocks. OK most streams are full of rocks but these rocks were piled neatly on top of each other to make columns, hundreds of them. So we stopped and took a few photos and added our own humble effort to the display.



These are just a few of the piles. I have never in my travels seem such a display.


Right now it is raining, torrential rain. It is a shame such rain didn't fall last week in Victoria then we wouldn't be watching the scenes of devastation on the TV over the last few days. So much lost for the people of this country I do so enjoy visiting.

3 comments:

Steve said...

I've actually flown backwards over Mt Warning. It was a very windy day and we managed to get the Cessna we were in to fly slower than the wind speed. Brisbane radar reckoned our altitude was varying by about 2000ft as we tried not to get where we were going.

Lord Hutton said...

Weird rocks. Glad to see the Police have rounded up the local loonies, as usual.

Dave said...

The rocks were probably laid by something prehistoric Dave. Take care next time you are there! :) - Dave