Monday 18 May 2009

OK, Perhaps I Will Vote After All. And well done Torquay United

Torquay 2 Cambridge 0.
This score line in the Blue Star league play off means that Torquay are back in The Football League. True they are only in the 4th tier of English football but that is much better fanatically for the club and the town so well done to Torquay United.
Second, only a few days after saying I would never vote again I have decided that I will. What made me do what the Iron Lady wouldn’t? It was the probable Tory candidate in next year’s general election, Marcus Wood, having a go at the sitting MP Adrian Sanders over the expencises row. So far the Daily Telegraph hasn’t mentioned Adrian though a couple of local MPs have been dropped in “it” by the fairly short list, so far, of MPs who have milked the system for all it was worth. This obvious attempt to gain political mileage over his opponent by Marcus Wood when it should have been obvious there wasn’t any mileage there in the first place makes me to believe that Mr Wood is about as likely to make a good politician as a seagull is likely to be voted the peoples favorite bird. An other person who has had difficulty in seeing which way the political wind is blowing is the Speaker of the House of Commons, Michael Martin. He has constantly tried to cover the situation up, to prevent details of expenses emerging and not making any moves to allow changes to be made before the situation reached melt down. I would expect someone in the Speakers position to have the intelligence to spot that even cover ups have sell by dates.
So I am going to vote in the next General Election because I don’t want Mr Wood representing me at Westminster and I expect by then Mr Sander’s expenses, as will all MPs expenses will have been looked at in minute detail by the local press, the local radio and the local selection committee. If he is, and I expect he will be, declared to be a honerable member then I will place my cross closer to his name than to Mr Wood’s name on the ballot paper.

No comments: