Thursday 27 August 2009

Gormley's Gone

This is what The Spanish Barn looks like today, locked and uninviting. Probably empty.

All these little chaps have gone, stored somewhere in Yorkshire next to a nuclear fuel dump for all I know. The Herald Express said 38 307 people went to see them. Sorry it was only 38 303 people. I went 5 times, mostly because I hoped to get down there one day when there was no one from the Arts Council hanging around to make sure I didn't take a photo. This reluctance to allow visitors to take photos baffles me. I mean I got this photo from the WWW with no trouble. Problem it isn't the photo I would have taken. I would have a photo I took unique to me and would show the exhibition as I saw it which would have been so much better than this mass produced effort by some one who just pointed the camera and clicked.

No comments: